The SEC, through its Office of Investor Education and Advocacy and its eleven regional offices, has participated throughout the country in programs and initiatives aimed at helping members of the military invest wisely and avoid fraud.
- The SEC is a charter member of the U.S. Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, and regularly assists in the presentation of financial education programs to the military.
- The SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy has worked closely with Financial Readiness Campaign partners on military outreach.
- SEC staff regularly participates in the Military Saves Week financial fair held each year at the Pentagon.
The SEC conducts its outreach to the military by:
- Conducting financial workshops on military installations.
- Providing free educational brochures to support financial readiness events and activities.
- Publishing content helpful to service members and their families on the investor education web pages of SEC.gov and on Investor.gov.
- Interacting with military installations through SEC regional offices located throughout the country.
The SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy and the SEC’s regional offices are interested in additional opportunities to help educate members of the military and their families about investing and steps for avoiding fraud.
- Investor Bulletin – Roth TSP for Uniformed Services Members
- Investor Bulletin – Savings and Investing Basics for Military Personnel
- Financial Readiness: Saving and Investing for Military Personnel
- To view additional brochures that we make available, go to: http://investor.gov/publications-research-studies/publications.
- If you have questions or comments about the SEC’s outreach to the Military, or require the SEC’s assistance with financial education outreach, please email: email@example.com
- You can also call our hotline at 1-(800)-732-0330, where you can speak with an Investor Specialist from 9:00-5:30 ET.