A basic understanding of how scam artists work can help you avoid fraud and protect your money. Learning how to invest wisely can help you reach your financial goals. Here are some ways to help avoid being scammed:
- Be aware before you share your contact information in response to an investment promotion.
- Learn what you can do to avoid investment fraud including red flags to watch for and where to go for help.
- Learn how to protect yourself online, and how to protect your social media accounts.
- Learn about the different types of investment fraud, including those found online and in social media.
- Review our Investor Alerts
Remember: if you have a question or concern about an investment, or you think you have encountered a fraud, please contact the SEC, FINRA, or your state securities regulator to report the fraud and to get assistance.