Congratulations, you are now part of the growing population of retirees. This can be an exciting part of your life. In addition to information from the SEC, there are other unbiased resources that offer information to help you successfully manage your retirement, including:
- Durable Power of Attorney Abuse. From the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging
- Financial Resources for Seniors. From the North American Securities Administrators Association
- Health and Financial Decisions: Legal Tools for Preserving Your Personal Autonomy. Also from the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging
- Outsmarting Investment Fraud(.pdf) – produced by SaveandInvest.org, AARP and FINRA
- Pensions: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. From the Department of Labor http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_pension.htmlTips to Protect Your Retirement Nest Egg
- What to Listen for at Free Lunch Seminars. A checklist from the AARP.
- When Your Broker Calls Take Notes. Things to ask and note when you talk to a broker.