- Introduction to the Markets
- Investing Basics
- Researching & Managing Investments
- Employment to Retirement
- Life Events
Press Alt + shift + h then Enter to skip to secondary navigation. Mac users press Control + shift + h
Don’t be a fraud victim. A basic understanding of how scam artists work can help you to avoid fraud and protect your hard-earned money. Learning how to invest safely also can assist you in reaching your financial goals and will mean a huge difference in your retirement years. Here are some ways to help you avoid being scammed:
- Learn what you can do to avoid investment fraud including red flags to watch for and where to go for help.
- Learn how to protect yourself online, and how to protect your social media accounts.
- Learn about the different types of investment fraud, including those found online and in social media.
- Read case studies that illustrate the scam artists in action.
- Review our Investor Alerts
Remember: if you have a question or concern about an investment, or you think you have encountered a fraud, please contact the SEC, FINRA, or your state securities regulator to report the fraud and to get assistance.